Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Bishop's Beach--Sunsets 'n Waves

This is a crazy busy time of year for me as all the various classes and commitments start back up and I try to get the garden harvested and as many berries picked and batten down the hatches for winter.  So that my blog readers don't think I've abandoned them completely, here's a few pictures I've taken in the past week while on walks on Bishop's Beach in Homer.  I'll try to find time to catch up on some blog posts soon as the garden is now 'in' (though not processed!).


This is classic end of summer:  the lighting is changing and the pushki heads are dead.

I love going down to the beach when the waves are huge.  Happened to catch this old car in the scene.  There is a surfer out there in the water--you might be able to pick him out.

I was happy to catch Mt. Augustine in this picture (to the left of the sun along the horizon) as it is often obscured.

This one and the above picture were taken just minutes apart.  I hadn't realized the colors changed so much until I looked at the photos.  I just knew it was quite the show.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!