Tuesday, November 11, 2014

And Yet Another Kachemak Bay Sunrise


The cool thing about sunrises in Homer in the winter is that they are at a time when I'm awake!  My office has a picture window that looks out on Grewingk Glacier, Kachemak Bay and the Kenai Mountains (the views you see in most of my sunrise photos), and my desk is right next to that window facing out towards the view. So as I work on my online college classes that I teach or communication presentations I am preparing I am glancing out the window. If the sun is rising at 9, 10 or 11 a.m., which it does from October through February, that is smack in the middle of my workday. 

There are plenty of times when I glance out the window, say "wow!" and go right back to work without snapping a picture. But then there are sunrises that captivate me and are such amazing light shows that I cannot resist their allure. I grab my phone (aka camera) and slip out of my slippers and into my boots and dash out to record the beauty with photos. 

Most of these pictures have not made it to my blog because I was busy sharing "stuff" that was happening--not thinking that these gorgeous views are "stuff" that others might enjoy. Ah well, here they are now. Enjoy another Kachemak Bay sunrise! These photos are the same sunrise at different times.





No comments: